Saturday, March 5, 2011

Distilled Moments: Balak

20110213_prenup_joyandjm_0046


The words that fall between a longing stare
And knowing heart, is only heard in hush.
These ephemeral wisps of what could be
Our life in turmoil. Intertwined, enmeshed. 



__________
 
I'm off to attend a wedding today. I’ve always been a guy who likes his social interactions in small doses (credit that to my being an introvert), so you can only imagine (if you're one of the carefree, extraverted types) how overwhelming it will be for me. 
 
Sadly, marriage has become more of an industry than an institution. And it doesn’t help how weddings are over-glamorized now that in the months leading to it, there are more plans made for the day itself than the years after it.
 
Well, I’m actually just trying to prepare myself for the onslaught event, which is why I’ve written down a stanza of blank verse that I will ‘grow’ into a full poem at a later time.

6 comments:

  1. Many are prepared for the wedding. But few thought about the marriage. Most stopped reading after "Once upon a time...." and resumed only at "..and they live happily ever after.". I guess a lot missed out the essentials at the middle. Just a thought from a lone wolf. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great insight, Pareng Quentin. I hope it's something you'll remember if and when you decide to join the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I would remember that because you will not let me forget. You will hound me until the gates of ...Just curious, how did you change my name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pareng Q, you know I will. What do you mean by change your name? I thought you had changed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know I changed my name. Now I am confused. Anyway, it must be my alter ego who changed my name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pareng Quentin????? lumalabas na jud kay nagchange na ug name hahahhahaa :p

    ReplyDelete