Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Grown-up Christmas List


I shot this with my old Canon 350D. It has defied both time and shutter count as it is still pretty much truckin' clickin'. Truth be told, unless I closely scrutinize the images in my catalog, I could never immediately distinguish between the images that were shot with the aforementioned antique and the ones that were shot with the newer body.

I mention this because all too often people replace perfectly working gear for newer models just because they have the means to do so. It's their money, so why should I tell them how to spend it, right? I'm not really telling people how to spend their money. I'm just making a case for spending it wisely. I stick to this rule of thumb of sorts when upgrading my gear —

If your skill becomes limited by the equipment that you have, then it is time to seriously consider an upgrade. If not, then upgrade your skill.

Trust me, you don't want to be the guy with really expensive basketball shoes sitting on the bench the whole game.

5 comments:

  1. That old camera has come a long way with you, P're.I'm glad that it's still alive and clicking away. :)

    And your post is true not just of camera but even phones and other gadgets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Where is this mega diorama located? It just makes me want to scream, MAN CRUSH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P're, it truly has been a great companion throughout my photographic journey. I believe that's why I didn't want to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, the mega diorama is located at SM North Wing. You should drop by and see it on your way to or coming from Bohol. :-)#

    ReplyDelete
  5. nagpadungog mo nga daghan ko ug phones? hahahhaa but isa ra ako camera and naguba pa jud huhuu and wala na koy plan mopalit ug new

    ReplyDelete