Friday, November 18, 2011

Dreaming of a White Christmas


The above photo is my entry to MPEX's photo contest for November, themed Shapes and Textures as inspired by those very elements of the fall and winter seasons. I am very much aware that in the Philippines we only have two seasons, one is sweltering the other is torrential. I'll write a follow-up to this post to explain the reason for going with the image shown and the process behind its creation.

For now, I would like to kindly ask you to vote for this image (up to five times a day) starting from Nov. 19 to Nov. 29, 2011. But, only if you believe that it deserves your vote and a shot at winning, as only the top 20 pictures (by popular vote) get considered for final judging for the top three prizes. :-)#

The contest page can be viewed here. Click on the View Entries tab and search for my entry by using the search box on the page that opens. The title of my submission is Snow Globe. I would be grateful if you could help me get more votes by sharing this post through social networking.

Many thanks.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome, P're. Can't wait to vote. Saw the other photos. True, yours has a different style.

    Looking forward to your post on how you created the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, P're. You do know that you had a literal hand in the making of this image. I can only hope that the different look will make my picture stand out in a good way. :-)#

    I'm currently working on that post and hope to have it up before the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited na unta ko mo vote... wala pa diay? Tell me kung pwede na ha? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parts, pwede na mo-vote. You can vote for up to 5 times a day (per IP address). And you can cast multiple votes for the same entry as well.

    Thanks for the support. :-)#

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude,
    You should have taken a picture of the source of power. i.e. my mole.
    Now that's shape and texture right there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, dude. Legend reveals that the one source cannot be photographed. :-)#

    ReplyDelete
  7. P're, you are right. Voting looks like it's over. Congrats. You made it not just to top 20 but top 5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, P're. I am happy just to be considered for the final round of judging. I guess we'll know by the weekend. :-)#

    ReplyDelete