Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Day of the Matriarch

20110422_bantayan_holyweek_0262

A Hundred Clicks. Or it would seem like it. I could never make a halfway decent portrait of my ma because she would get self-conscious the minute I sat her down for one. She would unintentionally… well, make faces. Hence, I resorted to capturing this candid moment of her overlooking the carroza preparation during this year’s Holy Week. No raised eyebrow, no smirk, and one thing off my list of pictures to make before I die. And not to end on a morbid note, happy Mother's Day, ma!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha bitaw, "no raised eyebrow" jud!! :) happy mother's day pud, my dear Mother Superior :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I really love my "stalker" lens: all Heisenbergian effects are minimized. Great neutral shot of the matriarch :-)

    ReplyDelete