Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shooting Friends


Social networking services have severely diluted the word friend. Personally, I do not only find it grammatically uncouth to use it as a verb, but I am also mildly disturbed as to how it is thrown into the same stew of words as acquaintance and associate.


__________

Sure, one is well acquainted with his friends, but this initial acquaintance has grown into an intimate familiarity over time, one that has borne the brunt of past misgivings and present misconducts. And one also associates with his friends, but this association has long evolved into a bond that transcends both distance and time. In a nutshell, when I call you a friend, I am referring to the old school definition of the word.

This means we became friends. And neither one of us (preemptive gasp) friended each other.


Considering all of the above, I highly relish the opportunity to shoot my friends, especially if I have not seen them for a while. I was fortunate enough to have two of them, Eugene and Rads, come home for a visit after long stints abroad. The quiet picture of Eugene (top) during sunrise was shot during our overnight stay at Danao. The one of Rads (bottom) was made when she came to the department for a visit.

Any discerning photographer will tell you that your relationship to the subject will show through the pictures you make of them. I hope the images above let my friends know how much I treasure them.

Take care guys, until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Those clouds did make an interesting effect on Pansit's shot, P're. Plus Rads's red dress complements with the bars.

    Great job on the post, P're. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful compliments, P're.

    It's just good to be back after a relatively long hiatus.

    ReplyDelete