Saturday, October 15, 2011

Un-broken

20111013_friends-elsalvador_0072.jpg

Today, my wife and I celebrate six years of marriage (and in less than two weeks, twelve years as a couple). I am deeply thankful for having Susan come into my life, as she made me believe that I am deserving and capable of love even during my darkest moments.

This short snippet of verse that I wrote doesn’t begin to express my gratitude and love for her, but I am hoping that it’s a start.

Un-broken
Hopeless, fragile, small, shadow of a man
Praying
Lost in a sea of intentions
Hoping
Flailing, grasping… finding where hope began
Breathing
Breaking free from the past’s dungeon

Happy anniversay, ‘ga. May the years ahead still find us happily holding each other’s hand.

2 comments:

  1. A heartfelt post, P're. I genuinely wish more blissful years ahead for both of you and may your love for each other grow stronger through the years.

    Happy anniversary to you and Ate Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful wish! Thank you, P're. :-)#

    ReplyDelete