Saturday, July 23, 2011

Distilled Moments: Crossing Worlds

20110528_maricel_0009

In a sea of eyes, I caught yours –
They were smiling and twinkling,
Inviting me to sit with you.
And I did, not even thinking.

Breathing in the soul of your smile,
I breakfast on your luscious voice.
The drawn-out ride ends in a blink.
I hesitate to make the choice

To disembark from this daydream,
To abandon a hope gone dim —
That in the many, many worlds
In all but one, you won’t love him.

__________

As with most forms of poetry, this syllabic-verse piece is open to many interpretations; but I'm hoping that my friend, Ising, will recognize the message I've specifically written in between the lines for her.

9 comments:

  1. waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh :D "you won't love him" jud ang last line sa poem? hahahahhaha! gets nako!

    You know, your poem made me missed the days when I used to write poems (but technically, dili man to sila poems kay dili to kapasar sa ako literature teacher hehe) for my crushes hahahahhaa but sad to say, wala naman gud koy crush karon so dili nako inspired to write poems :D :D :D

    Thanks, for the photo and the poem, PARTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P're, this might be opened to interpretations but I think I know when this happened in Ising's life. Made her so happy in the early morn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ising — Hehehe. I'm glad you liked them both, Parts. Thank you for sharing the story that inspired me to write this piece. :)#

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wondrous chiaroscuro of words melding into the image, Jutes! This makes me think of what worlds to cross everytime I wake up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Hess, high praise coming from you. Thanks. :)#

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JHB: naka-open ko ug ahat sa dictionary para pangitaon intawn ang "chiaroscuro" hahahahhahahaha ano vah!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't need to cross the worlds, Jack. Just walk the distance, say, 2 meters diagonal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Someone will lose her marbles if I cross that line, Quin. But I am inching closer now, surreptitiously waiting for those marbles to drop and roll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are marbles a euphemism for something? :)#

    ReplyDelete