Friday, August 17, 2012

Perseverance Pays (in Kind)

A few days back as I was waiting in vain (like the song) for some Perseids love, I had to contend with a zealous moon. I couldn't keep the shutter open for too long because Luna would wash the sky out.

I planned on an elaborate method of using moon-shaped ND gels held by a black piece of wire to selectively underexpose the moon. It's easier to do a composite in Photoshop, I know, but I can't afford a license for that yet. (Lightroom more than suffices for my current processing needs anyway.) But since it was around 4 AM and my brain did not have its daily dose of caffeine yet, I decided to use my finger... to surprisingly good (for me, at least) and funny results.

This is probably as close to 'compositing' as I will get.


__________

This post was originally shared on my Google+ stream. If you have a G+ account, please feel free to add me to your circles (here's a link to my profile - gplus.to/jrlocaylocay). If you're not on G+ yet and you're experiencing Facebook fatigue, then you can sign up for one here - https://plus.google.com/

3 comments:

  1. PHONE HONE!!! E.T. PHONE HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like your reference to the first Matrix movie in a previous post, dude, this comment also glaringly reveals our age. :-)#

      Well, as the kids say nowadays ---
      Our childhood was awesome.

      Delete
    2. Damn straight it was!!

      Delete