Friday, August 24, 2012

Stone Soup Light



*This is a repost from my Google+ stream.

This picture finally finds its way out of the freezer today (after four long years). It's my second book cover (first was surprisingly a vector illustration of molecules involved in chemical equilibrium), however it was my first paying job. But this picture is memorable for me beyond that fact because it's the first time I had to really think hard about how to make the shot with limited resources (one flash optically triggered by the popup flash on my Canon 350D) and a very small crew (just me).

I hope this isn't the last picture I get to shoot for books (about chemistry or otherwise).

__________
**Today was actually last Wednesday (August 22, 2012).

***And I would prefer doing an otherwise-related book rather than a chemistry one next. :-)#

4 comments:

  1. You mean to say? You sold the super soldier serum to some corporation and not made me imbibe it?

    Dude?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't bring myself to test it on you, dude. Especially when I found out that it had the unfortunate side effect of making the subject want to prance around in a Cashmere cardigan. :-)#

      Delete
  2. +1 on the secret message, P're. :)

    ReplyDelete