Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just Human


I shot the above picture for a multimedia essay project undertaken by a number of volunteers for the Women's Resource Center of Cebu last year. The project involved conversing with women from all walks of life from the city and retelling their tales at an exhibit for International Women's Month in Kortrijk, Belgium this year.

As of this writing, some of the pictures that I made during the two interviews that I covered are being shown more than halfway across the globe. I got to participate in the process of making their stories heard. It's an awesome feeling just to be a part of it. The volunteer I worked with promised to send me pictures of the exhibit, and I will be sharing them with you, together with the other pictures I made in a more substantial post.

More to come...

0 comments: Drop your 2¢ in the comment well.:

Post a Comment