Thursday, June 30, 2011

From Man-child to Man, Child

101211_jace_0011


Happy birthday, bai.

My brother, Jonas, and I strayed from the well-beaten path (What path?!) early in our lives. Thankfully, we were able to forge on and make our way to our current 'ground states'.

It seems to me that a lot of people expect a certain level of ‘maturity’ to suddenly develop when one reaches a certain age. It is as if one is metamorphosed from a slacker to a go-getter overnight. A lot of people may disagree with me, but I've always believed that growing up didn't mean changing our flawed parts for good ones, but rather choosing to hear the almost inaudible voice of good over the deafening din of the bad.

You've come a long way, Jon. I'm proud of you.

0 comments: Drop your 2¢ in the comment well.:

Post a Comment