Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Park Life

20110531_marlyn_0074

The rains have slaked the dry and parched earth. And flora, in celebration, have shown up in their verdant garb. Although the wet season is not as sensual as summer, it is equally alluring. Its brooding skies and fickle rains cover the world in an invigorating sheen of rebirth.

On a day when the sun played hide and seek behind the clouds, I had the privilege of making these pictures of Marlyn. To me, her fresh-faced innocence ensconced in the bosom of nature was in many ways metaphoric — to be old (and here I am referring more to the number of years on this earth) and yet appear ageless.

As always, I am grateful to Marlyn for being a graceful and gracious subject. And, of course, to my good friend Queenie for not only being the arm that wields the light, but for offering her valued insights and ideas as well.

More pictures and a link to the set after the jump…

__________



20110531_marlyn_0040

The full set can be viewed here.

More to come…

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome, P're. It's my pleasure to share my ideas with you. Keeps my artistic cocktail shaken but not stirred. :)

    ReplyDelete