Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lab Art from the Rat Lab

I found myself bored yesterday afternoon. It wasn't a case of not having any work to do (the paper mountain from midterms week still awaited immolation my attention), but more of not wanting to do anything even remotely related to the four-letter word. My brain enforced a strict no-work policy, so off I went to the biochemistry lab, hoping that the mice would be doing something interesting for me to capture. No such luck.

I was going to stow my camera back in its bag when I noticed the rust and stain patterns on the sink surface and decided to look for intriguing textures instead. To aid in the obfuscation, I did a lot more work on these images in post than I usually do. After looking at the finished versions, I was quite pleased with how they seemed familiar yet different at the same time, making the mundane a little bit more captivating.


To complete the cycle of madness come full circle, let me give each of my above images a title. I'd like to call the one above 'Soul Erosion' (Wow, artsy!). ;-)# More of the inanity pictures can be viewed on my G+ account by clicking on this link.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, these are the cigarette burns of my soul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could've fooled me with that comment if I didn't know you're a non-smoker. :-D#

      Delete