Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Daily Portrait Project 0811

I’ve been feeling under the weather (miserable actually) for the past few days, but I’m committed to doing my first shoot for my DPP 0811. As the great philosopher Jon Bon Jovi once said, “I’ll sleep when I’m dead”.

This time around, I’ll adopt a looser interpretation of the word ‘daily’, since I won’t be shooting a portrait each day as my schedule simply would not allow it. Instead, I’ll be shooting twice or thrice a week, but will present a lit portrait for each day of the month.

To up the ante, I am going to present a different lighting theme for each week. For the first week, it’s going to be hard, ‘restricted’ light. I’m going to limit myself to one or two hot shoe flashes that will have either grids or snoots attached.

The picture below (which is one of my favorites) is an example of what restricting light coming from a flash can do for an image.

20100501_jivebar_0008-Edit

More to come … hopefully. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, P're...But you don't really need it. All you need is your trusty Canon with your strobes and you're off to get that head-turning, well-composed image. Just keep on believing, P're.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree jud nga nindot bitaw ang lighting effect ani nga photo, Partss! Palihug ra gud ko ug "regards" sa great philosopher nga imo gi-quote sa blog :D

    ReplyDelete