Thursday, August 18, 2011

DPP 0811, Day 13 – Nikki

20110817_dpp-nikki

There is a confidence in the way that Nikki poses that could only have been gained from years of performing in front of people. If I must borrow an adjective to describe it, I would have to pick the word fierce. Thank you, Ate Tyra. ;-)#

I have seen her dance a number of times, and she does so with much strength and grace. This further supports my assertion that dancers make excellent subjects. They know exactly how to position their limbs and consequently the shape their bodies will make with each motion.

And this got me thinking that the next project I work on should be of various people in motion. Dynamic portraits, so to speak. If I decide to push through with it, Nikki is already on the list of people I plan to shoot.

3 comments:

  1. Fierce, eh? :) And the sky made sure of that too. I like how nature cooperates with this shot, P're, to affirm Nikki's dynamic spirit.

    I must say, next to your Pop's portrait, this will be my next favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, P're. I didn't get to appreciate this image fully until I saw a larger version of it on my desktop. It was a very pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess. This shot is added to the Strobist (I hope, :) ).

    ReplyDelete