Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DPP 0811, Day 18 – Daisy

20110819_dpp-daisy

On my way to shooting Jiji, I happened upon Daisy in her practicum uniform. She’s been teased about it by a number of people in the department because it’s quite a departure from what she normally wears on a washday.

I was going to ask her if she had time for a quick portrait, but thought twice because I didn’t want to oblige her to stay beyond her work hours given that it was already starting to rain. But, as luck would have it, she showed up at the lab where I was shooting Jiji when I was about to wrap up. I asked her on the spot and she agreed to spend a few minutes of her time, which was all I needed since my lights were already set up and I just needed to reconfigure them for the shot I had in mind.

I just hope that this picture means that people won’t be giving her grief about her uniform anymore.

3 comments:

  1. This shot is very cool to the eyes. I'm glad you stuck to your original plan. My apology for doubting that the background won't work with Daisy's uniform. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apology needed, P're. Half the time, I just appear like I know what I'm doing. :-)#

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think half of the famous photogs would claim that, P're. Let's just say you have developed "instinctive photography". :)

    ReplyDelete