Sunday, August 21, 2011

DPP 0811, Day 16 – Nestor

20110817_dpp-nestor

Nestor expressed hesitation over having me shoot him for this project because he had such short hair (he used to sport it longer before classes started), but I told him that one of the very reasons why I asked him to be my subject was because of how his hair was cut. He eventually agreed, but asked to be shot last (and volunteered to assist me with all the pictures that day except his) when there were only a few people left.

For his portrait, I wanted to reveal his introspective side because I believe people rarely see that because he is often so child-like. I’ve seen him grow since his first year in the program and I must say that he has become so much mature over the course of his studies.

Nestor, mature?

Yes, because being mature doesn’t necessarily require one to be serious at the same time. I hope Nestor does not lose this quality as he goes through life. The ability to laugh at one’s mistakes is usually one of the first casualties of ‘adulthood’.

1 comment:

  1. I only noticed tonight the parallelism of the clock's face, Nestor's, and the caricature of the boy on his shirt. Aside from the dramatic aura of this shot, this is a well-composed shot, P're. Another great work! :)

    ReplyDelete